Your holiday destination at St Andrews Country Lodges is just 6 miles from the historic, University City of St Andrews – famed for the wonderful links golf courses, award winning golden, sandy beaches, boutique shops and numerous bars and restaurants.
On arrival, take some time to stand on the deck and soak up the breath-taking views and beautiful countryside that’s synonymous with Cuplahills Farm.
By this time, the kids will be bouncing on the trampoline, clambering over the playfort and squeeling with excitement on the push-me-pull-you!
We’re a stone’s throw from the picturesque fishing villages of the East Neuk of Fife and within easy reach of Dundee and Perth. Edinburgh and Glasgow are just over an hour away – best visited by trains that take you into the city centre. Leuchars Station is a few minutes from the lodges – so we have easy access to the rail network. The stunning Angus Glens, Royal Deeside and the Cairngorms National Park are all within easy reach – as are Scotland’s whisky trails.
A perfect location for golfers, the world-renowned courses and facilities at St Andrews are second to none. Needless to say, all standards and ages of golfer are catered for. No trip to St Andrews would be complete without a walk around the Old Course: and why not snap a selfie on the world famous Swilken Bridge to remind you of your stay?
We’re also blessed with golf courses galore on our doorstep – local clubs that provide a warm welcome to visitors: these include St Michael’s (10 minutes away), Scotscraig (15 minutes), Scotland’s longest course, The Duke’s (15-20 minutes), Kingsbarns Links (25 minutes), Ladybank (25 minutes), Camperdown (25 minutes) and the links courses around the East Neuk including Crail, Anstruther (9 holes) and Lundin Links – all around 30 minutes’ drive from us.
We’re within walking distance of local amenities including the well-stocked village shop & post office, local pub and the heavenly baking delights at Thai Teak coffee shop.
Within our community woodland you can enjoy the wildlife, flora and fauna which changes throughout the year. For our younger visitors, why not just have fun in our play area?
Just some of the things to enjoy on and around our farm …
- Playpark: Kids will enjoy endless hours of entertainment in the private play park which includes a fort, swings, climbing ramp, slide, basket swing, and push-me-pull-you. Our latest addition is a sunken trampoline that lights up for fun night time bouncing.
- Woodlands: Willie Melville wanted to leave a legacy at Cuplahills and in doing so created two community Woodlands now known as Willies Wood and Lucklaw Wood, both of which are a short walk from the cabins. A myriad of paths provides the opportunity to enjoy a peaceful walk through the fruiting damson, apple, cherry, rowan and elder trees. Paths lead to the picnic benches with their stunning view towards St Andrews, down to the ponds, past the sun-dial and through an enchanting hedge archway and back through along the farm tracks passing the horses on the way.
- Visit the Stables: Cuplahills livery provides an idyllic home to a number of horses of various sizes. Some of these may even be resident in the paddock by the lodges. Take the opportunity to visit the stables and learn a little about the horses. The friendly owners happy to let our younger guests get up close and enjoy some time with these gentle giants.
- Coffee Shop: Take the opportunity to stretch your legs and wander along the farm tracks to Thai Teak Coffee Shop which is located on the neighbouring farm. Thai Teak offers the most amazing selection of cakes and superb coffee not to mention the opportunity to enjoy lunch and the daily Thai curry of the day.
There’s so much to explore, discover and see when staying at Cuplahills. Below is a list of some of our favourites: where links are available, we’ve provided them so you can find more information either when planning your visit or during your stay. Next to each, we’ve given an estimated travel time from the lodges and each place’s postcode to help with navigation.
If you discover somewhere new whilst staying with us, share a photo or two on social media, tag #Cuplahills – and we’ll pick up on it to share with others. And if you’re stuck with any plans or need more information than we’ve provided here, contact us via this site or through social media and we’ll do our best to help. Many thanks.
St Andrews – the Home of Golf
- British Golf Museum & Café – 10-15 minutes’ drive KY16 9AB
- Byre Theatre – 15-20 minutes’ drive KY16 9LA
- Craigtoun Park Country Park – 10-15 minutes’ drive KY16 8NX
- East Sands Leisure Centre – 15-20 minutes’ drive KY16 8LH
- New Picture House – 10-15 minutes’ drive KY16 9AD
- St Andrews Aquarium – 10-15 minutes’ drive KY169
- St Andrews Botanic Garden – 15-20 minutes’ drive KY16 8RT
- St Andrews Castle – 15-20 minutes’ drive KY16 9AR
- St Andrews Cathedral – 15-20 minutes’ drive KY16 9QL
Abbeys, Castles, Gardens & Palaces
- Balmerino Abbey – 15 minutes’ drive DD6 8SB
- Cambo Gardens & Stables – 25-30 minutes’ drive KY16 8QD
- Hill Tarvit Mansion House and Gardens – 15-20 minutes’ drive KY15 5PB
- Falkland Palace – 30 minutes’ KY15 7BU
- Glamis Castle – 40-50 minutes’ DD8 1RJ
- Kellie Castle – 25-30 minutes’ drive KY10 2RF
- Scone Palace – 40-45 minutes’ drive
- St Andrews Castle – 15-209 minutes’ drive KY16 9AR
Open Farms, Play Areas & Animal Attractions
- Barbarafield Farm Riding Centre – 10-15 minutes’ drive KY15 5PU
- Bonkers Playbarn & Café in Cupar – 15 minutes’ drive KY15 4DT
- Cairnie Fruit Farm near Cupar – 10-15 minutes’ drive KY15 4QD
- Muddy Boots Farm, Café & Play Area in Balmalcolm – 25 minutes’ drive KY15 7TJ
- Noah’s at Perth – 40 minutes’ drive PH1 1QE
- The Scottish Deer Centre near Cupar – 20 minutes’ drive KY15 4NQ
Dundee – the City of Discovery
- Camperdown Wildlife Centre & Park – 20-25 minutes’ drive DD2 4TF
- Cineworld Dundee – 20-25 minutes’ drive DD2 3SQ
- Dundee Contemporary Arts Centre – 15-20 minutes’ drive DD1 4DY
- Dundee Science Centre – 15-20 minutes’ drive DD1 4QB
- Discovery Point – 15-20 minutes’ drive DD1 4XA
- Foxlake Aqua Park – 15-20 minutes’ drive DD1 3JP
- Olympia Leisure – 15-20 minutes’ drive DD1 3JU
- V&A Dundee – 15-20 minutes’ drive DD1 4QB
- Verdant Works Museum – 20-25 minutes’ drive DD1 5BT
Other activities nearby …
- Scottish Clay Shooting Centre, Leuchars – 10 minutes’ drive KY16 0DR
- Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve – 10 minutes’ drive DD6 9YB
Food & Drink – Places to Shop & Visit
Butchers, Farm Shops & Markets
- Pittormie Fruit Farm – 5 minutes’ drive KY15 4SW
- Balgove Larder – 10 minutes’ drive KY16 9SF
- St Andrews Farmhouse Cheese Company – 20-25 minutes’ drive KY10 3RT
- Cairnie Fruit Farm near Cupar – 10-15 minutes’ drive KY15 4QD
- Fife Farmers Markets – St Andrews (1st Sat every month) and Cupar (3rd Sat every month)
- Minick of St Andrews (Bell Street) – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9UR
- The Newport Butcher – 10-15 minutes’ drive DD6 8DF
Breweries & Distilleries
- Eden Mill – 5 minutes’ drive at KY16 0US
- Lindores Abbey Distillery – 25 minutes’ drive at KY14 6HH
- Kingsbarns Distillery & Visitor Centre – 15 minutes’ drive at KY16 8QE
- Overnstone 109 – 20 minutes’ drive at KY10 2RR
- 71 Brewing– 20 minutes’ drive at DD1 5HZ
Eating Out …
Fabulous Fish & Chips
- Tailend – 15 minutes’ KY16 9PD
- Cromars – 15 minutes’ KY16 9NT
- Anstruther Fish Bar – 25-30 minutes’ drive KY10 3QA
Michelin Starred/Listed and/or Rosette Awarded
- The Cellar, Anstruther – 25-30 minutes’ drive KY10 3AA
- Rocca Bar & Grill, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9JQ
- Seafood Ristorante, St Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9AS
- The Newport, Newport on Tay – 10-15 minutes’ drive DD6 8AB
- The Peat Inn, Peat Inn – 20-25 minutes’ drive KY15 5LH
- The Road Hole Restaurant, St Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9SP
More Casual …
- The Adamson, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9UH
- Brassica, Dundee – 10-15 minutes’ drive DD1 3AH
- Bridgeview Station, Dundee – 20 minutes’ drive DD1 4DB
- Doll’s House, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive, KY16 9NN
- Forgans, St Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9PB
- Little Italy, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9NL
- Mitchells, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 2PB
- Ostler’s Close, Cupar – 15-20 minutes’ drive KY15 4BU
- Pizza Express, St Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9NL
- Playfair’s Restaurant & Steakhouse, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9HX
- Rogue, St Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9EF
- The Tayberry, Broughty Ferry – DD5 2EA
- The View, Wormit – 15 minutes’ drive DD6 8NE
- Vine Leaf, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9UN
- Zizzis, St Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9QW
Relaxed … cafés, inns and pubs
- Criterion, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9QW
- Dunvegan, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9HZ
- Guardbridge Inn, Guardbridge – 5 minutes’ drive KY16 0UD
- Hams Hame, St Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9JA
- Thai Teak, Balmullo – 5 minutes’ drive or a 30 minute walk KY15 4SF
- The Central, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9NU
- The Rhynd, Leuchars – 10 minutes’ drive KY16 0DR
- The Saint Bar / West Port, St. Andrews – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9EG
- The Ship Inn, Elie – 25 minutes’ drive KY9 1DT
- The Tavern at Strathkinnes, Strathkinnes – 10 minutes’ drive KY16 9RS
- The 19th Hole, Earlsferry – 25 minutes’ drive KY9 1AW
Not forgetting the ice cream!
- Luvians – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9PA
- Jannettas – 15-20 minutes’ drive KY16 9QR
- Nardini – 15 minutes’ drive KY16 9UP
Thanks for reading!