Following a lengthy period of lockdown, we have been allowed to open up our self catering accommodation to receive guests. This is a relief to us as it allows a return to business and importantly it has provided an opportunity for guests get a long overdue holiday and relax in the countryside.
It is however incredibly important that we all remain aware of the threat posed by CV19 and alert to the fact that outbreaks can flare up again.
In order to reduce the risk posed by CV19, we have been working hard to ensure the safety of our guests, staff and the local community.
The list below provides details of what we have achieved:
- Training has been completed by all staff regarding new cleaning protocols.
- Training was developed by “Landlords Little Helper” and was approved by the Association of Scotland’s Self Caterers (ASSC) and the Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA). St Andrews Country Lodges are members of both organisations.
- Cleaners have been provided with new branded cleaning scrubs and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- New cleaning products have been purchased to ensure that the lodges are cleaned to a high standard, but then disinfected using products that will kill and provide some lasting protection against the SARS-CoV-2 virus (EN 14476)
- A check list has been put in place that cleaners will complete after each clean noting the work that they have undertaken
- Hand sanitiser has been made available to guests upon entrance to the lodge
- Cleaning products including those capable of neutralising SARS-CoV-2 virus (EN 14476) have been made available to guests to use as during their stay
- Guidelines have been provided regarding the additional actions that the ASSC have advised that guests should now undertake. These are shown below.
Please note that we have reduced the amount of crockery and glasses in the lodge. We have also taken out woolen bed throws, pillows, DVDs and books as this reduces the cleaning burden and removes a potential means of transmission of CV19 between guests.
How you can help …
You will appreciate that cleaning takes a lot longer than it did previously and we can only now change 2 lodges in a day with our existing team. We are therefore asking guests to help us out.
The ASSC have provided guidelines regarding additional actions that guests should now undertake during their stay. We require your help to ensure that the CV19 virus remains under control and that local flare ups do not occur.
We therefore kindly requests that guest adhere to the following: